This is one of the most celebrated health benefits of Vidanga. It is one of the essential fat burners to achieve a healthy weight. This herb enhances metabolism and dehydrates the fat cells content.
Based on Ayurvedic text, the fat cells are directly linked with kapahadosha and when this kapahadosha is vitiated or affected, there is an increase in the fat cells. Vidanga has been researched to help normalize kapahadosha and lower the fat cells volume in obesity; thereby reducing their excessive weight gain.
Vidanga is contained as part of the ingredients of NILOBESE Ayurvedic weight loss tea due to its property to burn fat faster than other herbs. It is also found to help increase urine output in a view to reducing water retention in the body.
- Intestinal Worms Vidanga is a useful herb to manage worm infestation that includes threadworms, roundworm and types of worms due to its Krimighna property.
- Indigestion Vidanga controls vomiting, nausea, indigestion, and flatulence due to its hot potency. It also helps manage constipation due to its Rechana (laxative) property.
- Depression Vidanga has an antidepressant effect which helps in managing depression due to its Vata balancing property.
- Throat infection Vidanga has Kapha pacifying property as a result of which it reduces cough and throat infection.
- Obesity Vidanga also works on reducing fat and clearing all toxins present in the body because of its hot potency that improves digestion and helps in the elimination of undigested foods.
- Skin disease Vidanga helps to control skin diseases by reducing toxins from the blood due to its Shodhan (purification) property.