In this fast paced world every third person is suffering from Indigestion (when the food remain undigested or is not digested properly), which is the root cause for all the ailments to take place. Indigestion or Upset Stomach or also called as Dyspepsia is a condition which describes abdominal discomfort. It is not a disease but a group of symptoms that includes lack of appetite, nausea, constipation, abdominal gas, heart burn and belching etc. For sudden relief people are using antacids and so many allopathic medicines which is not a permanent care and have more chances for reoccurring of same symptoms again and again.
But if we talk about Ayurveda, Science of life – This undigested food is termed as AMA (Endotoxins) that is formed when AGNI that is the digestive enzymes are not stimulated properly. This undigested food leads to many major autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and nephrotic syndrome etc.
AMA PACHAN (Digestion of the Food) is how we can improve the indigestion, for this the wonderful drug CHITRAKA is mentioned in our Ayurvedic texts.
- The presence of anti—oxidant in Chitraka is more than enough to counter the effect Of toxins.
- It also contains anti – inflammatory properties which are very useful in diseases like Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is highly beneficial in Obesity as it help in flushing out toxins from the body to clear the channels. Chitraka is also used as a liver tonic, as it enhances the liver metabolism.
- It is even helpful in healing wounds its combination along with Devdaru is used to speed up the healing process. The plant extract posses anti- bacterial. anti- viral, and anti – larvicidal properties.
- It helps in improvising the immune system of the person who consumes the plant
- Chitrak Plant even helps in lowering the cholesterol level.
- Plumbago is very effective for the sufferers of diarrhea and piles.
- It is used to reduce inflammation and very effective in bronchitis and chronic sinusitis.
- It is used to increase appetite and to stimulate digestive system. It is used to stimulate digestive power and used as carminative.
- It is used to inhibit the growth of cancer causing cells of prostate. This herb is anti-inflammatory in nature and used to reduce swelling and also beneficial in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is used to expel out thick nasal mUCUS which is main cause of recurrent common cold and cough. Chitraka powder enhances power and it is also used as liver tonic.